Skipta takes your privacy very seriously. This Policy applies to all of the products, services and websites offered by Skipta and its affiliated companies (collectively, Skipta services).
If you have any questions about this Policy, please feel free to contact us through our website (https://skipta.com/#contact) or write to us at 8 North Queen Street, Suite 800, Lancaster, PA 17603, United States.
Information collected by Skipta LLC and how we use it
You can use a number of services that do not require you to register for an account or provide any personal information to us. For other services, we may collect and use information as follows:
- Information you provide – When you sign up for a Skipta community account or other Skipta service or promotion that requires registration, we ask you for personal information (such as your name, email address, and account password). We may combine information obtained about you from various sources or inputs. For certain services, we may give you the opportunity to opt out of combining such information. We may process personal information to provide our own services. In some cases, we may process personal information on behalf of and according to the instructions of a third party, such as our advertising partners. If you decline to provide information, we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
- Purposes – we may use information you provide for purposes of:
- Providing our products, services and advertising to users, including the display of customized content and advertising;
- Analysis in order to maintain, protect and improve our services;
- Ensuring the technical functioning of our network; and
- Developing new services
- Usage Information – We may record information about your usage, such as when you use our social communities, what you use and the contacts you communicate with, as well as information you display or click on in our social communities (including UI elements, settings, and other information). If you are logged in, we may associate that information with your account. We may use processes to track which emails are opened by recipients.
- Location of information – we store information on servers located in the United States.
- Log information – When you use our services, our servers automatically record information that your browser sends whenever you visit a website. These server logs may include information such as your web request, Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, the date and time of your request and one or more cookies that may uniquely identify your browser.
- User communications – When you send email or other communication to us, we may retain those communications in order to process your inquiries, respond to your requests and improve our services.
- Affiliated sites – We offer some of our services in connection with other web sites. Personal information that you provide to those sites may be sent to us in order to deliver services. We process such information in accordance with this Policy. The affiliated sites may have different privacy practices and we encourage you to read their privacy policies.
- Links – We may present links in a format that enables us to keep track of whether these links have been followed. We use this information to improve the quality of our services and advertising.
- Changes – If we propose to use personal information for any purposes other than those described in this Policy and/or in the specific service notices, we will offer you an effective way to opt out of the use of personal information for those other purposes.
- Opt out- If at any time you wish to cancel your use of the service provided, or opt-out of Skipta using your personal information for marketing purposes, please submit a request to opt out by emailing us at email@example.com.
We only share personal information with other companies or individuals outside of our communities in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We provide such information to our affiliated companies or other trusted businesses or persons for the purpose of processing personal information on our behalf. We require that these parties agree to process such information based on our instructions and in compliance with this Policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures.
- We may disclose information we collect to unaffiliated third parties for any legally permissible purpose, including but not limited to marketing activation, analytics and measurement applications, modeling applications, and/or data product creation.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation and/or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against imminent harm to the rights, property or safety of Skipta, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. These include internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, as well as physical security measures to guard against unauthorized access to systems where we store personal data.
We restrict access to personal information to our employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to operate, develop or improve our services. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
We process personal information only for the purposes for which it was collected and in accordance with this Policy or any applicable service-specific privacy notice. We review our data collection, storage and processing practices to ensure that we only collect, store and process the personal information needed to provide or improve our services. We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we process is accurate, complete, and current, but we also depend on our users to update or correct their personal information whenever necessary.
Accessing and updating personal information
When you use our services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and to either correct this data if it is inaccurate or delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort.
DMD Healthcare Communications NetworkSMPrivacy Statement
We participate in the DMD Healthcare Communication NetworkSM(the “Network”), and as such have implemented various technologies for universal registration/login among all Network member websites. These technologies are managed by DMD Marketing Corp. (“DMD”), and may involve the collection, receipt, and sharing of information with DMD, its clients and other Network members. If you would like to understand how our participation in the Network affects your privacy, please click here:
We regularly review our compliance with this Policy. Please feel free to direct any questions or concerns regarding this Policy or our treatment of personal information by contacting us through our website (https://skipta.com/#contact) or by writing to us at 8 North Queen Street, Suite 800, Lancaster, PA 17603, United States. When we receive formal written complaints through our website or at this address, it is our policy to contact the complaining user regarding his or her concerns. We will cooperate with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of personal data that cannot be resolved between us and an individual.
Changes to this policy